Muutto Turkuun

Moving to Turku

More information about Moving to Finland.

Permit matters

The Finnish Immigration Service handles all residence permit matters, the registration of EU citizens and citizenship applications.

The head office of the Finnish Immigration Service is situated in Helsinki, but it has service points all over Finland.

The nearest service point is in Raisio.

Finnish Immigration Service Point:
Nallinkatu 8
21200 Raisio
Open: Mon-Wed and Fri 8.00 a.m. - 4.15 p.m.
Closed on Thursdays.

It is always worth booking an appointment at the service point in advance, through the office’s appointment booking service. Book an appointment in advance online.

linkkiFinnish Immigration Service:
Finnish Immigration ServiceFinnish

You can also take care of residence permit applications and EU registration online at the Enter Finland service:

linkkiFinnish Immigration Service:
Enter FinlandFinnish | Swedish | English

Read more:

Moving to Finland

Registration as a resident

When you move to live permanently in Turku, register yourself as a resident of the municipality at the Local Register Office of Southwest Finland.

Local Register Office of Southwest Finland, Turku unit:
Aurakatu 8
PO Box 372
20101 TURKU
Tel. Switchboard 029 553 9441
Open Mon-Fri 9.00 a.m. - 4.15 p.m.

Further information about the registration of foreigners is available at the website of the Local Register Office of Southwest Finland.

Read more:

Registering as a resident

linkkiLocal Register Office:
Local Register Office of TurkuFinnish | Swedish | English

linkkiLocal Register Office:
Registering as a residentFinnish | Swedish | English

linkkiLocal Register Office:
Time reservation systemFinnish | Swedish | English

Notification of change of address

When you move to Turku from elsewhere in Finland or within Turku permanently to another dwelling, you must submit a notification of change of address to the Local Register Office or Post Office.

This notification can be submitted online at the electronic service:

Notification of change of addressFinnish | Swedish | English

The notification may also be submitted on a form that you can obtain from the Post Office or Local Register Office.

Local Register Office notification of change of address:

Notification of moveFinnish | Swedish | English