Skip to content
Muutto Espooseen

Moving to Espoo

When you move to Espoo, you can handle permit matters through the Enter Finland online service of the Finnish Immigration Service or at a service point. You can register as a resident at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.

Local information

Select your municipality in order to see information about local services when browsing the site.

Permit matters

At the Helsinki service point of the Finnish Immigration Service, you can apply for a residence permit or register the right of residence of a EU citizen.

Helsinki service point of the Finnish Immigration Service:

Kaupparaitti 10

00770 Helsinki

Open: Mon–Fri 8:00–16.15

You can apply for many residence permits and EU registrations online in the Enter Finland service. If you are not familiar with using computers, you can fill a paper application form and bring it to a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service.

You should always make an appointment for the service point in advance. You can make the appointment in the appointment booking service of the Finnish Immigration Service. Please note that the service point cannot give advice about permit matters.

Read more: Moving to Finland.

Link redirects to another websiteFinnish Immigration Service

Electronic appointment booking

Need advice in residence permit issues? Our page contains information on where you can get help and advice.

Read more: Problems with residence permits(Link leads to external service) 

Registering as a resident

If you are moving to Espoo permanently, you must register as a resident of the municipality. You can register at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency in Helsinki.

Digital and Population Data Services Agency

Lintulahdenkuja 2

00530 Helsinki

Tel. 0295 536 320

When visiting the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, please bring along the following:

  • identification (e.g., your passport)
  • residence permit and residence card (if you need a residence permit for Finland)
  • certificate of registration of the right to reside (oleskeluoikeuden rekisteröintitodistus) if you are an EU citizen
  • marriage certificate
  • your children’s birth certificates.

Please note that all foreign documents must be legalised and translated into Finnish, Swedish or English.

You can also apply for a personal identity code at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.

Read more: Registering as a resident, Municipality of residence in Finland

Link redirects to another websiteDigital and Population Data Services Agency

Registering a foreign citizen

International House Helsinki

If you have recently moved into the Helsinki Metropolitan Area, you can receive guidance and public services in one place at International House Helsinki (IHH).

At International House Helsinki, you can:

  • seek free guidance and information related to moving in several languages
  • register your right of residence if you are a citizen of an EU country
  • apply for a Finnish personal identity code, register as a resident and report your address information
  • apply for a tax card and receive guidance on taxation
  • search for information about Finnish social security and benefits
  • receive guidance on TE services and searching for work
  • receive guidance on earnings-related pension and information on the A1 certificate
  • receive help with finding employment
  • receive guidance on day-care and school places for families
  • receive support from the Spouse Program network for the spouses of foreigners who have moved to Helsinki, Espoo or Vantaa for work
  • attend free-of-charge Newcomer information sessions in English that provide support and advice on what to do before and after arriving in Finland. The events are held online.


Lintulahdenkuja 2 D, 2nd floor

00530 Helsinki

Link redirects to another websiteInternational House Helsinki

Newcomer Information Sessions