Skip to content
Muut kuin EU-kansalaiset

Non-EU citizens

If you want to move to Finland, you need a residence permit. The permit can be granted on the basis of work, entrepreneurship, studies, family ties or international protection. This website provides information on how to apply for a residence permit. It also provides information on residence permit renewal and help with residence permit problems.

Work in Finland

Entrepreneur in Finland

Study in Finland

Family member in Finland

Residence permit for a spouse

Asylum in Finland

Temporary protection in Finland

Quota refugees to Finland

Remigration to Finland

A short stay in Finland

Residence permit extension

If the reason for your residence in Finland changes

Permanent residence permit

Residence permit problems

Negative residence permit decision

Can I lose my residence permit?

In Finland without a residence permit