Residence permit problems

Advice in residence permit issues

If you have problems or there is some confusion about your residence permit, you can ask the following parties for advice:

  • Finnish Immigration Service (Maahanmuuttovirasto)
  • Finnish diplomatic missions abroad
  • your local immigrant advisors in Finland
  • Refugee Advice Centre (Pakolaisneuvonta)

The Finnish Immigration Service website contains a lot of information on residence permits. The Finnish Immigration Service also provides telephone advice concerning permits.

Finnish diplomatic missions abroad serve people applying for a residence permit from abroad.

Many cities have immigrant information services that employ advisors specialised in immigration.

The Refugee Advice Centre provides asylum seekers with legal aid during the asylum process. It also gives general legal advice to other foreigners.

Please note that decisions concerning residence permits can only be made by the Finnish Immigration Service.

linkkiFinnish Immigration Service:
Information on residence permitsFinnish | Swedish | English

linkkiThe Finnish Refugee Advice Centre:
Legal adviceFinnish | Swedish | English