Asettuminen Ylivieskan seudulle

Settling in the Ylivieska Region

Guidance and integration of immigrants

If you have questions concerning services in your municipality, you can contact the information desk of your municipality from where you will be directed further. Contact information and office hours are available on the municipality's website.

Useful information can also be found in the Welcome to Finland brochure available from the authorities or online.

linkkiMunicipality of Alavieska :
Municipality of Alavieska Finnish

linkkiTown of Oulainen :
Town of Oulainen Finnish

linkkiMunicipality of Sievi:
Municipality of SieviFinnish

linkkiTown of Ylivieska :
Town of Ylivieska Finnish

linkkiTE Services:
Public services provided by the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office)Finnish | Swedish | English

linkkiOmbudsman for Minorities:
Help and information for persons experiencing ethnic discriminationFinnish | Swedish | English | Russian | Estonian | French | Somali | Spanish | Turkish | Kurdish

linkkiMinistry of Employment and the Economy:
Welcome to Finland brochure(pdf, 10Mb)Finnish | Swedish | English | Russian | Estonian | French | Somali | Spanish | Chinese | Persian | Arabic | Thai

Initial assessment and integration plan

An initial assessment and an integration plan will be prepared for immigrants by a TE Office or the social welfare office of a municipality. More information on the initial assessment and integration plan is available from:

The North Ostrobothnia TE Office (Pohjois-Pohjanmaan TE-toimisto)
Ylivieska unit
Valtakatu 4, 84100 Ylivieska
Telephone: 0295 056 500

City of Ylivieska, family service centre
Pistotie 1, 84100 Ylivieska
Telephone: (08) 4195 5000

Further information: Integration into Finland.

Do you need an interpreter?

You can use an interpreter, if you do not speak Finnish or Swedish and you need to deal with the Finnish authorities. The authorities will book you an interpreter, if you have notified them in advance of the need for one. In such a case, interpretation is free of charge.

If you book and pay for an interpreter yourself, you can use an interpreter whenever you want.

Many companies also provide interpretation services. You can search for these companies online. There is also a search function on the website of the Finnish Association of Translators and Interpreters, where you can search for an interpreter or a translator.

Further information: Do you need an interpreter?